Monday, September 2, 2019

Devot. How Can We Declutter Our Lives to Find Joy/Secret of Joy

Hi Folks,

I hope you had a good start to your week!  I had seen a devotional title on a website, it intrigued me and I spun off from there.  It wasn't necessarily the easiest topic to pick.  How can we find joy in decluttering our lives from anything that is sucking joy out of us?
Do we even realize that our joy is diminished because of "stuff" in our lives? 

I can think of many things that "decluttering" could imply-getting rid of a toxic relationship; releasing the plans you have made for your life and letting God write your story; releasing  of a situation in your life that you are struggling to control and yet know that you are truly not the One in control anyway;  moving from a treasured house filled with memories in place of a smaller one that you can afford; even getting ride of clutter in your home in place of a clean, neat space.

Depending on the season of your life or the circumstances you may find yourself in,"decluttering" isn't always easy, I know. But yet I can also say that letting go of something that I know God is telling me to "hand over to Him" is the most freeing thing you can ever do.  It's acknowledging to God, "I can't do this on my own, I know that you want me to give this to You.  I know that I'm holding on way to tight to this, its painful to let it go and yet, I feel so weighted down by it.  I desperately need Your help to do this!"

Needing to let go of clutter, spiritual or otherwise in our lives, can also rob us of the joy that Jesus wishes to give those who have trusted in Him.   

Philippines 3:13-14, "Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended:  (means 'understand or perceive') but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,    I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."   

God calls us to move beyond where we are, leave the clutter of our lives (spiritual and physical) and live in light of eternity, press towards the goal of reaching Heaven because we have trusted Jesus.     And with this comes joy in Jesus! (John 15:11)

I hope the devotional. below is a blessing.   I have also included a link for some encouraging Scripture verses if you are going through a tough time right now and need some. Words from Scripture to boost your heart.    Lord bless you and yours this week!


Is Joy an Option: 
https://www.intouch.org/read/blog/is-joy-an-option. (Used by permission.  Taken from https://www.intouch.org/read/blog)

Devot. The Secret of Joy

Verses to Encourage:

No comments:

Post a Comment