Monday, September 2, 2019

Devot. The Presence of the Lord

HI Folks,

I hope you had a great weekend!  

The last few weeks I have been thinking of a specific word over the weekend 
and then finding a devotional topic to match.   The word I thought of this week was a phrase, "The Presence of the Lord."

I'm sure we all have days where we wish we could feel God standing right beside us. Based on God's Word, He is always with us (Hebrews 18:20), but I know for myself, there are times when I need to feel Him beside me in a "can reach out and touch" sort of way. 

During times such as this, I always tell the Lord, "I know You are with me because Your Word promises that You will "never leave me, nor forsake me" (Heb. 13:5), but I could really use Your presence right now in a way that can be tangibly felt.    

There have been many times in my life when this prayer has been answered that way. God has sent me His strong, comforting presence when I needed it to comfort, encourage and strengthen me.  I can think of a specific time, after the death of a loved one, when in the days following this person's Homegoing to Heaven, I could feel God's peace and presence in our home in a way that permeated every room in a comforting, yet strong way, that I could also feel in my heart.  God was with us!!

Jesus said in Matthew 18:20, "For where two or three are gathered together in My name,(context is pryaing "In Jesus' Name") I am there in the midst of them.”   This comes for each person who has trusted Jesus as their Lord and Savior and who prays in His name. 
I pray that the two devots. below are an encouraging reminder to your week that you are not alone, God is with us.

Lord bless you and yours!

Devot. The Lord's Presence: https://www.icr.org/article/20770  (Used by permission.  Taken from https://www.icr.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment