Monday, September 2, 2019

Devot. Disappointment and Gratitude

Hi Folks,

I hope you had a great weekend!  

I have two devots. for you today, and from two different standpoints:
How to handle disappoints when they come, and expressing a spirit of gratitude when things are going right.

I have been looking inside of myself and I realized that when it seems like the waves of life are crashing over me, or I feel like I am falling into a spiritual mud hole, I cry out to God for help and am so grateful when He sends His peace, presence and help.  But when the crises is over with it's like, "Ok, thanks God, back to normal!"  and I don't always think back to what He brought me through with as much gratitude as I had previously.


I verse I have frequently given you in the past is Psalm 107:8 states, "Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men!This cry for praise to be directed Upward is mentioned several times this passage.  

1 Thessalonians 5:18 states,  "in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."  One of the key areas of God's will for each of our lives is giving thanks to Him-in the disappointing times, tough times, good times. 

This week, I would wish for each of us to ask ourselves, "With what type of attitude do to I make it through the times that are tough"?, in light of the first Devot. and "Do I express enough thanks to the Lord, in the midst of troubles and even long after the fact?, in light of the second devot.


Lord bless you and yours this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment