Thursday, April 19, 2018

Devot. Surrounded

Hi Folks,
 
I hope you and a safe and super week!
 
This devot. is on one of my favorite topics-Grace=God giving us unmerited favor. 
 It's not given as a reward, or because it was earned,  but given in spite of the fact that we do not deserve it at all.
 
It's given to those who have trusted Jesus and even those who have yet to trust Him (Ephesians 2:8-9,
"For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.")
 
Grace is a word reminder to me that God offers me His undeserved favor at the times I  need it the most and least deserve it.
 
(As a FYI and throwback to Tuesday devot on Peace, "Grace and Peace" are two popular salutations, endings in many of the smaller New Testament books (after you get past Romans).   I remember one of our pastor's calling them  "The Siamese Twins of the New Testament."   How we need the Lord's grace coupled with His peace!)
 
I pray the devot and song link (from another one of my favorite Christian songwriters whose lyrics reflect the encouragement of the Bible) are a boost to your weekend.  
 
Lord bless you and yours!
 
(These were sent to my inbox and labeled, Read and Share, so I think it is safe to send these without the usual round about way that I have shared Dayspring's devotionals. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment