Monday, April 16, 2018

Devot. Experiencing God's Peace/Movie/Pastor Andrew Brunson

Hi Folks,
 
I hope you had a good week!
Our devot for today is on the Lord's peace.   I'm sure we all need the Lord's peace in our lives.
 
Jesus said in John 14:27,"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:  not as the world giveth, give I unto you.   Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
 
Jesus promises to leave and give to those who are His followers His peace.   He says it's a type of peace that the world cannot give to us.
 
In the next verse, verse 28, Jesus says that even though He is going to Heaven to join His Father (Jesus was speaking ahead of His death, burial, resurrection and ascending back to Heaven-Acts 1:9-12), He will come back again.   And according to other parts of Scripture,  He will return for those who have put their faith and trust in Him and God never lies (Numbers 23:19).
 
God's Word promises us again in Philippians 4:7-8, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.  And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."
 
I can take my worries, cares and concerns to the Lord in prayer, present my requests to Him, with thankfulness knowing that He wants me to come to Him.  And His peace, which passes any understanding, He promises will "keep"  (hold or retain in one's possession) my heart and mind through Jesus Himself.
 
This the verse I remind myself of on the days where peace is very much needed.   God says His peace will "Keep" (word also means to do something as promised) my heart and mind though Jesus Himself.
 
Peace is only found in our Savior, my friends.   No one or nothing else can even begin to give us the same peace.
 
Below is a link to our devot., which I hope, encourages you this week.
 
I also have a update on Pastor Andrew's trial today.   It's not good news right now, so please keep praying, sign the petition, and spread the word along any way you can (recopy the link onto a separate email, get others to pray and sign).  
 
 
I have also included one other link.
 
 I know that I have mentioned Voice of the Martyr's a ministry started by a Romanian pastor who was imprisoned for his faith for 14 years.  He started VOW as a ministry to help other persecuted
believers overseas and his work is still going strong today.
 
VOM produced a movie about his imprisonment, courage and faith and it came out in theaters 2 months ago.   It was such a success that it is back in theaters for an encore.  My family and I went to see it and it was powerful!  Encourage you to look into it and see if a theater near you is hosting it.    https://www.onbuzz.com/new-releases/tortured-for-Christ
 
Lord bless you and yours this week!      
 
Devot.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment