Thursday, November 18, 2021

Devot. Overcoming Temptation

 Hi Folks,

I don't know about you, but the Evil One has ways of 'getting to me', esp. when I am tired, hungry, something negative has happened, or I have not been reading my Bible or praying. 
He knows my weak spots, and sometimes can attack very hard.  I've heard many preachers say that the battlefield in our lives that Satan can attack the hardest is our minds. Battles can be fought, won or lost, just based on that.

We are told in Philippians 4:7, And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep (guard) your heart and minds through Christ Jesus."

We are also told in 2 Corinthians 10:3-56, "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not [a]carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds,  casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ,  and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled."   

God encourages us that the weapons He has given us to fight the battlefield of the mind is not physical or human, but is spiritual but we many times have to do spiritual battle to win. 

Below is a devot, but the youtube link under that is what made a big difference in my spiritual life and I would highly encourage you to break it into segments in the next few weeks and listen to it. A friend of my family is the one speaking (his wife told me it is meant to be shared) and I thought it was excellent. Be encouraged, there is hope of winning the battle against our minds being bombarded by anything from temptation to discouragement.  Blessings!

Overcoming Temptation:
(Used by permission. Taken from https://www.dayspring.com/)

Where are Your Thoughts Taking You?:  Mr. Fred Schwig 

No comments:

Post a Comment