Thursday, November 18, 2021

Devot. God Has a Purpose

 Hi Folks,

I hope you had a restful weekend.  I'm sure all of us have those moments, days, months where we think, "Dear Lord, what on earth are doing?  Why did You allow this to happen?  I cannot see the good You could bring out of this? I don't understand? What is your purpose in this? "  Or "What purpose do I have on earth?  Why did God make me?"

I've heard pastors in my life say that sometimes God allows us to see why things happen in our lives, sometimes we will not see until we reach Heaven God's reason for things.  It's in those moments, that God asks us to trust Him.

I know trust can be hard, painful, a lesson that takes awhile to learn (believe me, I understand more than you know).  But I have learned in those hard spots, that God can be trusted, He knows what He is doing far better than I do, He is trying to 'grow me' if I would but trust Him......

On the other hand, God does have a purpose for you, most esp. for those who have put their faith and trust in Jesus.  He says in Psalm 139 that you "are fearfully and wonderfully made", meaning that He created you with great excitement, perfectly just as you are, a masterpiece formed by His own hand.  Esp. for those who have trusted Jesus, He did not save from an eternity in hell you to sit, soak, sour or stick on a wall somewhere, He created you to serve HIS special purpose and be used by Him!

Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are His workmanship, (word actually means 'poem') created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."  

I pray the 3 devots. below are a beautiful encouragement that God sees you and wishes to use your life for His praise and glory!

God Has a Purpose: 
(Used by permission. Taken from https://www.dayspring.com/)

A Prayer for Our Purpose:
(Used by permission.  Taken from https://www.crosswalk.com/)

Scriptures that God Has a Purpose for Us:

No comments:

Post a Comment