Thursday, November 18, 2021

Devot. The Faithfulness of God

 Hi Folks,

Have you ever thought of what the word 'faithfulness' implies?  
Maybe you think of it in regards to marriage vows-someone who will be loyal to you always.  Maybe you think of it in regards to a best friend, someone who is always there when you call or need someone to listen to you.  

Faithfulness means "loyalty," "constancy,'' "devotion," "trueness or true-heartedness." 

The biblical definition is :  Faithfulness comes from a place of trust and loyalty. Hebrews 11:1 says, “Now faith is a confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.” 

As a Christian, it is important to be faithful to God. ... Faithfulness requires us to submit our ways to God."

What I wish you to catch is the "faithfulness", "loyalty,", "constancy" of God to His children, those who have put their faith and trust in Him for salvation.  

Jesus said in John 6 that for those who have put their faith in Him for salvation, "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."  The Lord Jesus will never abandon you, He will always be constant , faithful.   I have seen this in my own life in the last 3 plus years.   

My family and I have had some hard, painful, tough mountains to climb but we have seen God at work, in getting us over the mountains.  We may have some bumps and bruises, but we have an ever greater awareness of how God has been faithful to see us through to the other side because of our struggles, we have seen it!

No comments:

Post a Comment