Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Devot. True Freedom

Hi Folks,
 
For those of you living in the US, I hope you had a relaxing day celebrating the 4th with family and friends.
 
The devot. below hits the spot beautifully for this 4th of July and the youtube link below
is a short video giving the true, unadulterated history behind the United States' national anthem, The Star Spangled Banner.
 
Last year someone I know recommended Wall Builders, as a group of folks whose desire is to preserve the stories of the history of our country, not watered down or 'tweaked' versions that maybe placed in our children's history books now.
 
As we celebrate the 4th, I was reminded by my pastor on Sunday that there are some areas where you can be Independent in  your life: financial, the freedom to choose, college,  job, or house. 
 
But there is one area where we must never become independent: We must never become Independent from God.    My pastor reminded us that while we remember our INDEPENDENCE on July 4th, we must declare our DEPENDENCE on God.   When we move away from dependingg of God, we have lost much.    Jesus said in John 15:5, " for without me ye can do nothing."
 
I pray that the devot. is a blessing and that you learn something from it.  

A special shout out to all our men and women in the military, past and present, active and retired and also to our emergency workers.   You all are true heroes and I appreciate what y'all have done and do to keep me and my family safe!  Much appreciation!

Have a very blessed week!   God Bless America and may the Lord bless and keep you and yours.
 
 
Devot. http://www.icr.org/article/7530  (Used by permission.   Taken from http://www.icr.org/)
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment