Monday, December 5, 2016

Devot. Who Was the Babe in the Manger?


Hi Folks,
 
I hope you had a good weekend and are staying healthy and well.   
 
Well, we are officially into the Christmas season.  I know that it seems we have been seeing Christmas since Thanksgiving (decorations and stores advertising things).
At the same time folks at my church have been commenting that people they are running into don't seem to have the "Christmas Spirit" yet.  

I know that this time of year can be more stressful than relaxing, but I'm hoping to help you all with that through the contents of the devots. :)

This one for today is looking at Who the Baby in the Manger really is.   Yes, we know He was God, but do we really think about it that hard?  Does it overwhelm our soul with wonder and awe, does it cause us to lift up praise to Him-that He was willing to come-? 

I was sharing with a young child today that I know that the Baby in the manger wasn't just a baby, He was God come to us in human flesh.  Her little eye brows shot up!  She didn't know that!   Point is, do we think about it and/or think to share that with anyone who would listen?

Below is a story and link that a close friend sent me this story and video link.  The song in itself powerful, as it describes who exactly that Baby in the Manger is, but the story behind this moment,  I think, is just as powerful.    It caused me to tear up and blessed my heart.     I pray that you allow the Lord to use this story/song to touch your heart in a special way


Lord bless and keep you  and yours safe and well this week!
 
Devot. http://www.icr.org/article/who-was-babe-manger (Used by permission.  Taken from http://www.icr.org/)  
 








No comments:

Post a Comment