Thursday, December 15, 2016

Devot. Christmas Bells

Hi Folks,
I hope you had a good week!   We had snow on the ground last Sunday and I know other areas have gotten quite the boat load!   Winter is here:)
 
When I read the devot. for today, it spoke to my heart about the songs of Christmas, even though the article mentions very little about the Carols were sing at Christmas time.   Maybe the title reminded me of the old song "Silver Bells."
Anyway, regarding music, I play worship music before our youth group's weekly Bible lesson.   But before I do, I encourage the teens to really focus on the lyrics of the songs, and think through the meaning.   Powerful truths, for good and godliness or for bad and ungodliness, can  be contained within the sentences of a song.  
 My challenge to you this week is turn on Christmas carols, fill your mind with songs that embody CHRIST-mas  (that wouldn't be Frosty and Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer:)
 and think through the words, meaning and what it means to your life at this Christmas season.
 Even do a google search and learn a little bit about the song's history.  I love doing that because it makes the song more meaningful to me!
 
Here is a start for you all in that area:)   http://www.incourage.me/2013/12/history-of-christmas-carols.html
I am including a short carol along with the devot.  The name of the artist will be familiar to some folks, maybe not the younger generation though:)
 
Listen to the words, they are meaningful and the message strongly applies to our world today.
 
Lord bless you and your this weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment