Thursday, May 19, 2022

Devot. A Thankful Spirit in the Midst of Adversity

 Dear Friends,

I hope you are having a good start to your week!! Below is something that encouraged my heart greatly and convicted it as well-How to keep a spirit of gratefulness in the midst of adversity.  

A read an email from a ministry here in the US that supports Ukrainian pastors.   It was the story of a pastor's wife in Ukraine on how she is retaining a spirit of thankfulness in the midst of their great hardship and then a short lesson from Scripture on thankfulness in the midst of adversity.

I know for myself, I am not as consciously thankful as I should be on a daily basis and I tend to complain over the little things. (My mom reminded me this week that any bumps in my road pale in comparison to what Ukraine is experiencing-that was the reality I needed to get my heart right!)  When I returned from my mission trip overseas last year, I was daily thinking of the things I was grateful to have and thanking the Lord for it (clean water, clean clothes), but I haven't been as conscious these days.

I pray you will take the time to think of the above, with the examination of heart, asking yourselves, "I am even thinking to lift up a 'thank you' to God in my day for even the little things, or do I take it for granted?" and then the challenge yourself, "I am going to find things in my day that I can say 'thank You for!" (even a close parking spot or a green light).  As I have quoted many times, "Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!" (Ps. 107:31-a command!)

I will also link a short podcast that you could listen to through your week of an update on Ukraine from a Christian on the ground.
I feel that the best source of reality and truth is from someone who is there, but it's also refreshing to hear it from a Sister in Christ.
Pray you will be blessed by the below this week!

PODCAST, UPDATE ON UKRAINE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3tk11rnGjs
(THIS PODCAST WAS IN THE EARLY WEEKS OF THE UKRAINE CONFLICT, BUT I STILL THINK YOU WOULD FIND IT ENCOURGAING!)

No comments:

Post a Comment