Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Devot. Waiting and Stillness

 Hi Folks,

The Lord has been bringing devotional topics to mind, but they have very much been based on my own life, walk with the Lord right now.  

Today's topic is "waiting and stillness," both of which are very hard to bear at times. 
I have been waiting for something for 3 years and a month. God has been working all through this waiting process, but it has come with sweat, tears, prayers, hard work, frustration, trials and strengthening of faith.   
At a time when I almost have this answer to prayer, for the last month there has been total stillness, silence.  I have no clue what is going on right now but I am reminding myself each day that God has HIS timing, it is perfect and to trust Him in the waiting and stillness (Isaiah 55:8-9-God's thoughts and ways are not our own). 
Just because I am not hearing anything does not mean that things are not happening or God is not working behind the scenes. He is asking that I lean harder on Him and grow from it. 

Isaiah 40:31 says, "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."  Isaiah 40:31

Based on my own experience, Waiting on the Lord is supposed to cause us to draw nearer to God for strength, encouragement, hope and in the process God will l give us HIS strength and grace, show His love, care and faithfulness to us that will spiritually build us up rather than tear us down-if we let Him:)

Below is an incredible devot. that was so timely for me this weekend.  God knew I needed it and I felt led to give it to you:)  I firmly believe that you will gain something spiritually vital to your life that God will use now or later to encourage you or someone else, so please make the time to read it.

I also wanted to tack on..I have been listening to podcasts a lot in the last few weeks for encouragement.   I have found A LOT of encouragement from podcasts from a Christian ministry for ladies, Revive Our Hearts.   I have linked one below for you ladies that REALLY blessed me.  It comes in 6 parts (about a 1/2 hour each) and I could NOT WAIT to listen to the next one! 

If you do not think you have the time to sit down and listen, listen while you work.  I did it while catching up on emails, cleaning the kitchen etc..... Listen while folding laundry or driving to work:). I know you will be blessed! 

Lord bless you and yours this week!

When God is Silent in Our Stillness:
(Used by permission. Taken from https://www.dayspring.com/)


Podcast:  Written into God's Script-Rahab:  https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=revive+our+hearts+rahab

"A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps."  Proverbs 16:9

No comments:

Post a Comment