Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Devot. Jesus' Holiness and My Sin

 HI Folks,

I was looking for a devot. tonight and ran across one that is Easter related.   
Jesus' Journey to the Cross in light of my sin.   

Sin is not a popular term these days, in churches or in conversation in general, but Scripture says we are all sinners and do sin. 
 "As it is written, There is none righteous, (one who lives a perfect, godly sinless life) no, not one:.....For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;"  (Romans 3:10, 23).     It's a fact and yet not one to be merely accepted as 'this is how we are.' 

Scripture says that it is our sin that nailed Jesus to the cross, our sin that He took upon Himself and paid for with His own blood (Colossians 2:14). We are not meant to take our salvation as a ticket to sin (fire insurance), remain in sin, but as a means of realizing how much more we need Jesus to live in a way that honors Him and His sacrifice (Romans 6:1,26).   For those who have trusted Jesus for salvation, He has forgiven your, He paid for them on the cross so you do not have to pay for them in hell apart from Him, (Scripture says we are 'justified' by our faith in Jesus-Romans 5:1-2) but do we live with that thought in mind-my sins are forgiven, do I appreciate how Jesus' paid for my sin?

I frequently ask myself, "Do I see my sin in light of who JESUS IS (holy, sinless and perfect) and WHAT HE DID FOR ME (His suffering on the cross)?"  And then I pray and ask Jesus to help me see HIM as HE IS (holy, sinless and perfect) in light of who I am (nothing like that).

Below are two devots to ponder in light of this. They are both excellent...Please read both of them carefully in the next week and then ask yourself that question.

"Do I seriously and personally understand Jesus' payment for my sin and do my actions, life honor what He did for me or not?"

"Do I see Him as He is in light of who I am?"

I will be pondering these questions as well.  

Lord bless you and yours this week! 

Journey to the Cross: Facing Sin 
(Used by permission.   Taken from https://www.dayspring.com/)

(Used by permission. Taken from https://www.intouch.org/)

No comments:

Post a Comment