Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Devot. My Weakness Versus God's Strength

 Hi Folks!

As I was thinking of a devotional topic, I reflected on my human weakness versus God's strength.  This weakness could be made manifest in my lack of patience, self control in grabbing for a sweet instead of salad or doing something that I know hurts God's heart versus making a wiser choice that would honor Him.


Many folks have told me that I am a strong person, but in the last 2 weeks the Lord has allowed me to see more clearly that without asking Him to  give me HIS Strength for the day ahead, I cannot be who HE wishes me to be-in any area of my life. 

I'm learning that God truly desires that I ask for His help at the start and through my day, He doesn't want me to rely on my own strength because it is imperfect.   
He wishes to be a part of my everyday life so He can use me to showcase HIM in a greater way through HIS strength. A pastor friend used to say on 4th of July that while we celebrate our "independence," we need to declare our "dependence" on God.
And is ok to do that-to rely on God's strength instead of your own.  God wired us that way, it just sometimes takes us a few times around  to help us to see how much we need Him.  

I have a few Scriptures below I want you to read and ponder, along with a devot..  Ask yourself, "How am I doing with relying on my own strength instead of God's?  If I think I am doing ok, how would things look if I did ask for His strength at the start of and through the day?  Would life be even better?"     I would challenge you to try that this week! :)

I have also included a song that has spoken to my heart in light of this. Don't just listen to the song, listen with your heart as well as your ears.   The song is Scriptural  in content and truth. It gave me a boost when I needed a reminder last week that God was with me, and will always give me HIS strength when I need it.  Have a blessed weekend!

SCRIPTURES:
John 15:5 (Jesus said this): 

Philippians 4:13

DEVOT. The Strength of the Lord:
(Used by permission.  Taken from https://www.icr.org/)


SONG: Big Enough:


 

No comments:

Post a Comment