Friday, December 6, 2019

Devot. Preparing Your Heart for Christmas

Hi Folks,

Welcome to the first week of December!  

I have 4 devots. below: One gives the Gospel account of Christmas, how it all started,
and the other three give ideas of how to spiritually prepare your heart, home and family for Christmas.  

I also typed out a few ideas below of how my family and I prepare as well.
You know, in order that the True Meaning of Christmas is present in our homes and lives and comes through clearly, some planning and thoughtfulness goes into it!  With that in mind, I loved the 2nd devot. 

Pray the Lord blesses you and your family this weekend! 

Ways My Family and I Celebrate and Express the True Meaning of Christmas: 

1. Set a manger scene within or without your home (or wear it-my mom has a beautiful manger scene pin that she wears as soon as December hits).  I promise, it won't hurt to showcase the true meaning of Christmas:)

It's a reminder of what is truly important, real, the reason for the season, a reminder of the enteral hope that can be found for those who put their faith and trust in Jesus as their Savior.   

I've shared before that for the young people I have in my life, as soon as it hits December, I put up a number of different manger scenes.  I then take Jesus out of the manger scene and hide Him.  Every so often I will put Him in the manger scene for a child to find, but no one knows when I may stick Him in, so students have to look every week for Him!  If they find Him in one or more manger scenes, then they get to pick a trinket out of my "treasure box."  The kids absolutely love this and anticipate every year!

My parents did this with me as a child and I'm very thankful. I loved it as well.   It built up the True Meaning of Christmas in my heart and mind and built up the excitement for His birthday and finding Him in the manger on Christmas Day.  We even had "Happy Birthday, Jesus'"
parties.  We would celebrate as you would for any party, but celebrate with Jesus specifically in mind.

2. Send Christmas Cards by mail or ecards that say "Merry Christmas". Dayspring.com has a nice selection and it's so quick and easy! https://www.dayspring.com/ecards/category/view/category/103/

3. Say "Merry Christmas!", write it in your cards, sometimes you can find wrapping paper with it on it:). We have a front yard sign 
with Merry Christmas that lights up:)

(Read and Share.  Used by Permission.  Taken from https://www.dayspring.com//articles)

The Promise of a Savior:

6 Ways to Prepare for the Christmas Season: 

Let Every Heart Prepare Him Room: 

Advent: A Season of Hope, Love, Joy, Peace
https://www.dayspring.com/articles/advent-a-season-of-hope-love-peace-joyutm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NEBNANN20191201SixWaysToPrepareForChristmasArticles&utm_term=DaySpring%20Newsletter%20%2B%20Daily%20Devotion%20List



No comments:

Post a Comment