Monday, December 23, 2019

Devot. Christmas Part 1

Hi Folks,

Hope you are having a good week!  We are expecting snow in my neck of the woods tomorrow, so it looks like Christmas is truly around the corner!   

I have several devots. below for you:  Anything from finding rest in the Christmas rush (will need this one myself:), getting though Christmas if it ins't easy for you right now, and 3 others, all emphasizing different areas.

Pray you find one that fits where you are spiritually this week.  

Also have a few links below if you are still working on  shopping for Christmas or looking ahead to after Christmas shopping :). 

Under my title "Gifts that Keep on Giving" are ministries I try to give/buy from to each year in some way and have found it to bring Christmas joy to my heart, knowing my gift is helping someone else.  Hope the links are useful to you!

Lord bless you and yours this week!


If you are still looking for Christmas gifts that have a Christian meaning, I would recommend: 



GIFTS OF THAT KEEP GIVING: 

(I love this last site b/c what I give financially or materially goes directly overseas to persecuted families and children in need.
The books and DVDs they offer for the kids and teens gives them true stories of men and women of faith to pattern their own life
from, something of substance; the Christmas Care packs-which are so fun to pack with kids, friends or family!- go to Christmas overseas who are in desperate need of new clothings and meds; the money I give towards Bibles enables a Believer, adult or child, to have a Bible in their own language who may have been waiting years for one! I can also give in someone's honor and VOM will send them a card on my behalf.) 

Note: At the top, right hand corner of the site, there are 3 vertical lines.
Click the lines and it will give you a list of ways to give, donate Bibles, pack or sponsor Action or Medical Packs, Kids of Courage gives resources for the kids (books, dvd you can buy on men and women of faith.) 

This 2nd site is also very worthwhile as well and helps take care of the needs of orphans overseas who are in Christian schools.
(I usually purchase a Bible for a child and it's only $5!). Either site would be a fun way of getting the family involved,
or even helping your children donate part of their allowance towards helping a child in need, see where they would like to give it.


If you are an animal lover like myself, this place allows you to give in a variety of ways (the tabs on this link give a variety of ways to shop for Christmas gifts as well, but the link below is a favorite of mine: 




Devots. Used By Permission.  Taken from https://www.dayspring.com)

Finding Rest in the Christmas Rush:

Hope for a Difficult Season:


A Christmas Far from Family:

What To Write in a Christmas Card:

Faith-Filled Stocking Stuffer Ideas: 

No comments:

Post a Comment