Thursday, June 7, 2018

Devot. Are You Getting in God's Day?

Hi Folks,
 
I hope you had a peaceful weekend! 
 
I have two devots. today for you.   The first one is the one I felt the Lord wanted me to send you.
How many times do we play God and try to make things work out the way we think they should?
 
To be honest, I've been accused, by a very good source, of trying to play God, many times.
I want to work things out and make things happen in my own humanness, sometimes without
asking God "Is this the way that would be the best?"  
Proverbs 16:9 states, "A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps
 
The second devot. is on resting in the Lord turning times of worry.  I seems that something is always happening in our country to cause a resurfacing of concern and uncertainty, doesn't it?
 
I had something I wanted to share with you. I know that our nation is hurting again over the tragedy in Tx. last weekend.
 
My church's interim pastor mentioned something interesting on Sunday regarding the gun tragedies that are occurring. What he said really jolted me to reality about the situation and I wanted to share.
 
He stated that guns have been brought into the classroom since the days of the frontier for protection from wild animals and Indian attacks.   He said that a gentleman he knew sent him an email, an old newspaper rattle from the 1950's of a school teaching boys how to handle guns safety.   If with each of these stories, we weren't having mass shootings occurring in schools.
 
The issue a hand aren't fully the guns (even though kids should be taught that they are a weapon, not a toy and to create laws to keep guns out of the wrong hands)  it's the heart of the young people that is the root of the issue.   
 
Jeremiah 17:9 states, "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"  And Proverbs 4:23 says, "Proverbs 4:23, "Keep (maintain, guard, protect) thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life."
 
If the heart of a person is murderous and intent on evil, they will cause havoc of some kind with or without a gun.  If young people don't know that God is real, loves them; If His Word is not allowed into schools to make a life changing difference in a person's heart; if the Ten Commandments aren't taught and they don't even know that killing is a sin, how can we expect the hearts of our young people to be moral?
 
We need to pray for our kids and young people that they are given to hear about the Lord Jesus, receive Him as their Saviour and have a change of heart, as only the Lord can do.
 
This thought was powerful and challenged me that I need to be praying for the young people in our world who do not know Jesus.  Pray this gives some food for thought to you as well.    Be praying for the precious families in Texas.
 
Lord bless and keep you and yours this week.   Devots. below.
 
    Read the sermon notes of on the right hand side of the screen if you don't have time to listen to the sermon)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment