Thursday, June 28, 2018

A Prayer of Blessing: Leaning to Hear God's Voice

Hi Folks,
 
I hope you have had a great week!
We are continuing our series on "Blessings."  This devot. is entitled, "A Prayer of Blessing: Learning to Hear God's Voice."
 
Do you ever wish that God would use an audible voice to speak to you when you have a decision to make, are uncertain of which direction to go or what would be the most God honoring choice you could make?  Or are you like my mom and wish  that the Lord would send a little bird down from Heaven with a little note attached saying, "Please do/don't do __________" Signed, The Lord.
 
You know, we can hear the Lord's voice, not in an audible voice, but He does speak: through His Word, the Bible, though Godly counsel (from folks who have trusted Jesus as Savior, walk with Him daily and you see a changed life, they aren't hypocrites and they follow God's Word closely),
through the doors the Lord opens or closes in your life for your own good (even if they don't seem so at the time. 
 
The order I have given to you is the way you should be listening for His voice..   God never goes against His Word or character and He in incapable of lying (Numbers 23:19), so His Word can be trusted.
 
I don't know how many times I have been reading God's Word, a verse will capture my attention and I will think, "God is using that verse to speak directly to my heart on a matter.
I needed to hear that today and that know what I am to do based on what God says in this verse."   Sometimes it means I need to keep praying about the situation; sometimes it confirms that I am already doing the right thing, or that I shouldn't proceed any further, and instead back away and walk in the opposite direction for my own good.
 
Sometimes that Scripture verse will come back to my attention through something a godly person will randomly tell me, a sermon I will hear that Sunday or another verse I read that week that is my reminder from God concerning what I felt He already told my heart through His Word.   
God will speak to us through His Words, folks, but are we ready to listen?
 
I pray the devot. is a blessing, encouragement to your heart and that you learn something valuable as you walk with the Lord this week!
The song link I have included has become a favorite of mine and I pray it blesses your heart as it has mine.
 
Lord bless you and yours this weekend!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment