Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Devot. Prepare Him Room

Hi Folks,
 
I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  
 
Well, Christmas is less than week away!  Where did the time go?
In general conversations I am asking folks, "Are you ready for next week?" 
I know many are not, I'm a little in shock that Christmas is next week!
 
But in the spiritual sense, are our hearts prepared to celebrated Christmas?  Are our heart ready to celebrate Gods Birthday? (An awesome thought if we dwell on it long enough!).  
 
As I said in a previous devot., going to a Christmas Eve service or program, wish someone a Merry Christmas, learning a traditional Christmas carol are all practical ways of spiritually preparing for Christmas.
 
At the same time, we have to consciously think, "It's Jesus birthday, Lord help me to celebrate Your birth from my heart, focus on that instead of all the bustle around me."
 
On another hand, I do want to mention something that I think bears mentioning.  
I know Christmas is not always an easy time for folks, esp. if they have lost a loved one.   
I wished to share something that has been a personal blessing to my family and myself and we have used ourselves.
 
GriefShare is a faith based ministry that has locations in churches all over the US.   Their website is packed full of resources is dealing with Grief and Surviving the holidays (even daily emails with encouragement).  We have gone through GriefShare in recent years, after the loss of a loved one.  IT HELPED SO MUCH to help us heal and feel the Lord's peace. 
 If you or someone you know is hurting, please look at/pass on this site.  https://www.griefshare.org/
 
I pray you have a very blessed week!  Devot./song below
 

No comments:

Post a Comment