Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Devot. Christmas!

Hi Folks,
 
I hope you had a great week!  Here we are into December!
 
I want to share Christmas devots. that will prepare our truly hearts for Christmas and for welcoming our Saviour's birthday.  I would love for us to make The Reason for the Season come alive in our hearts, homes, and personal lives and then spread the Meaning of joy onto someone else.
 
What the world needs right now is Hope, and as I shared in previous devots. the only lasting, tangible, eternal hope comes through knowing Jesus as our personal Saviour.   We maybe able to gain happiness through this Christmas season, but happiness is based on circumstances.  True joy is not contingent on circumstances, but is a gift from God and is there regardless of what we are going through (John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.")
 
So I have 2 questions for you this week is:
#1. How can we Keep Christ (Our Saviour) in Christmas for ourselves in a personal way?
#2. How can we instill the true Meaning of Christmas in the lives of those around us (esp. the children)?   
 
Recently, a child told me that they didn't know Christmas was Jesus' birthday.  It  greatly saddened me!!  Once upon a time, regardless of if Christmas was celebrated in a traditional/religious way or not, everyone knew that Christmas was Jesus' birthday.  What is our world and our young people coming to?  
 
Once the gifts have been unwrapped, discarded, the decorations have come down, what is left for them to hold onto after Christmas (now or when they become an adult)?      It's easy for anyone to become depressed if the gifts, decorations and festivities are all we have to look forward to.   
 
But for myself and others I know, knowing that Jesus is our Saviour, our Friend and that He is with us always, helps to carry us through the rest of the year in a joy filled way and gives us even more excitement during Christmas time!
 
I pray that the devot. below catches our hearts and gives us ideas of how to share the True Meaning of Christmas, and incorporate Jesus into His birthday and our personal lives even more this year. 
 
Have a very blessed weekend!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment