Sunday, December 10, 2017

Devot. A Pattern of Servanthood

Hi Folks,
I hope you have had a good weekend! 
 
This is not a Christmas devot. but it shows an  aspect of who Christ was.  He was a King, the King of Kings (Rev. 19:16), but He came to earth as a humble baby and took the form of a Servant (Phil. 2:7).
Matthew said of Jesus that He was meek and lowly in heart (Matt. 11:29).
 
Christ is our example of godliness and the area of servanthood is something we can all work on, I'm sure. Personally, I am trying harder to think of others and their interests more than myself.   How much more is this needed for child and adult alike around Christmas time, as we are gifted with so much! 
 
As you read this devot., I would suggest that you read the Matthew, Isaiah and Philippians verses highlighted in red which give you a much clearer picture of how Jesus is described as a Servant in Scripture.
 
I have also included one of my favorite Christmas carols. I pray the devot. is a blessing to your week!   Lord bless you and yours!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment