Saturday, November 25, 2017

Devot. The Motivation for Gratitude

HI Folks,
I hope you are having a good weekend!   This is another 'Thanksgiving' devot.
 Psalm 107:1,2,8 states, " O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;"
Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!"
The request in verse 8 and 2 (bold type) is a plea.  It's saying, "Oh I wish men would praise the Lord for how good He is to mankind!  Let those who He has saved say so!!"  The request for man to praise the Lord is repeated 4 times in Psalm 107.  
I think the Psalmist, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, was trying to make a very big point.  We need to praise the Lord for His goodness and what He has done for us! 
 As we enter the THANKS GIVING season, I was thinking of how much I take for granted: food every day, a warm home, a place to sleep at night.   How selfish am I in thinking that all this and so much more will always be here?!  And how many within in the US and overseas do not have this!  
 
Folks, we are SO BLESSED!  Do we thank the Lord, give Him credit (not our good fortune, our lucky stars,or our good job) for bestowing us with enough through the week? 
The little things that are everyday, would seem grand to someone else.....
I pray the devot. below is a motivation, inspiration or spiritual wakeup call for us to start giving thanks everyday-before, during and after Thanksgiving- for everyday things.
 
Doing that is catching, you know?   My pastor always says that He will say out loud, "Isn't the Lord good? He's so good to me!"  if he gets a coupon in a store, or something of that nature as he is out and about.    He does it so our Savior gets the credit for the blessing......
But as you start give thanks, in your heart, or out loud, prayerfully it will catch on in your family and your home with develop a heart of thankfulness to our Lord and help us to see how much
we have, even if it's not a lot by the world's standards.
Thanks for reading as I shared my heart this week:)   I pray that the devot. below is a blessing.   I also found a really neat Thanksgiving/year round idea that looks really great for the family. 
Pray it inspires you!  
 
 Lord bless you and yours this coming week!
Devot. and article used by permission.   Taken from  https://www.intouch.org/
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment