Thursday, September 3, 2015

Devot. How to Bolster Our Faith

Dear Friends,
I hope you have had a good week! The devot. for today is how to increase, strengthen  your faith.  
I personally needed this today.  In light of the religious persecution towards Christians going on around the world, I needed a reminder of how to stand firm if the day ever comes where I am put in  a court room for my faith.
I was reminded of 1 Peter 2:20 and 3:17 which says, " For what glory is it, if, when ye be  buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it,  ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God." (2:2o)
 "For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing." (3:17)
 This verses are saying, "Is it better to suffer for doing the wrong thing, or the right thing (in God's eyes)?"
Is it better to get in trouble for stealing a car, or for standing up for the cause of Christ and the Word of God?
The answer should be clear.  I would rather get in trouble for telling someone about Jesus, then get into trouble for stealing something.
 Jesus said in Matthew 10:32 and Luke 12:8, "Also I say unto you, Whosoever shall confess me before men, him shall the Son of man also confess before the angels of God: But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God." (Luke)
I said to someone yesterday, who is under fire for their faith, would you want to deny Jesus down here, only to have Him say in Heaven, "I don't know who you are.  You didn't acknowledge me as your Saviour. You were embarrassed of Me."   The person gave an emphatic NO! No, I don't want to do that! 
 I pray this devot. helps to give all of us practical ways that we can strengthen our faith, not deny our Saviour Who has done so much for us.   Our time down here is so short.
May we make the most of it and stand for anything God's Word says is right and true.  God bless and keep you and yours this weekend.   Devot. http://www.intouch.org/read/magazine/daily-devotions/how-to-bolster-our-faith (Used by permission.  Taken from http://www.intouch.org/)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment