Saturday, September 27, 2014

Devot. The Gift of Peace

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a great weekend!  The devot. for today is finding God's peace in the midst of turmoil in life.
How do you gain this peace and then keep it?  Jesus said to His disciples in John 14:27,
"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  The Lord can give us a peace that the world cannot even begin to offer us.
One of the Lord's titles in Scripture is "The Prince of Peace"  (Isaiah 9:6-a passage you hear frequently at Christmas) and Ephesians 2:14 says 'he is our peace.'  But the only way we can keep this peace is found in Isaiah 26:3,
"Thou (the Lord )wilt (will) keep him (anybody) in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."
The key to having perfect peace is your mind of Him and Who he is (the Price of Peace).  That peace comes from trusting in Him and is it "perfect" because is comes from Him!
I pray the devot. is a blessing!  I have also included a fav. hymn about peace that I will sing if I'm worried or un-peaceful :)
May the Lord bless, protect and keep healthy you and your family this coming week!  (3 links below)


No comments:

Post a Comment