Thursday, December 2, 2021

Devot. Begin Today With Thanksgiving!

 Hi Folks,

I hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving....Below are 2 devots. to round off our Thanksgiving devots. before we move into Christmas...

I've been thinking lately of how much I have been grousing and complaining lately, rather than giving thanks-even for the simple things like snacks through the day and a warm home...1 Thessalonians 5:18 states, "In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."   Ouch...I'm supposed to give thanks for everything because that is what God's will for my life is...... 

There is a verse from an old hymn that says "Tune my heart to sing Your praise" (Come Thou Font of Every Blessing").    When an instrument is out of tune, it does not sound pretty at all... Many times we need to ask God to tune our hearts to His pitch so that our lives, actions, words and attitudes are "acceptable in His sight" and  much more pleasant.. ( "Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer." Psalm 19:14).

Would you join me this week/weekend in taking that seriously, using the devots. below to see how our hearts might need a tune up?

Lord bless you this weekend!


"No people on earth have more cause to be thankful than ours, in no spirit of boastfulness in our own strength, but with the gratitude to the Giver of good who has blessed us." Theodore Roosevelt 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." James 1:17


Devots. used by permission.  Taken from https://www.dayspring.com/

Begin Today with Thanksgiving: 

In Everything Give Thanks:



No comments:

Post a Comment