Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Devot. When Our Plans Doesn't Go As Planned

   Hi Folks,

   I hope you have had a great week!   


I was thinking this week of how life does not go according to our plans, hopes and dreams.  That has been the story of life for the last 3 years and yet, I have seen God's faithfulness, how He can work things out in incredible ways when I 
give an impossible or heartbreaking, disappointing situation into His hands.

My mom reminds me when these days come of Romans 8:28, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
Because God is faithful and never wishes our harm (Satan does, he is called 'a thief' who comes to steal and destroy verses God who came to bring us life more abundantly-John 10:10), we can KNOW that ALL THINGS work for our good, and specifically to those who LOVE GOD. 

I have a devot., song and sermon that I think are really good for this week and that all tie in together. 

I would most esp. urge you to listen to the sermon which is on Romans 8:28 (seeing that God can work in the midst of uncertainty) and the music beforehand.  The sermon was just what I needed this past weekend and it really encouraged my heart! 

The young woman who sings right before the pastor preaches is a true, goldy example of trusting that "all things work together" for good.  Her and her husband have an almost 1 year old that has been in and out of the hospital since her birth.  The song this young woman sings is powerful in the lyrics but the heart she puts into the song shows she KNOWS God will work things out for their good!  Another big blessing to my heart!

Again, please take a listen to both through this next week and if you feel like "I don't have time, I'm too busy", listen to it while driving t0/from work, errands, washing dishes, making dinner, folding laundry, out jogging, mowing the lawn, gardening, checking emails, watching your kid's softball practice or decompressing before bed.  There are ways to make spiritual use of the mundane we have in everyday life if we wish! :).   I lastly included an extra song that I have been playing constantly this week as a way to encourage myself. 

Pray you have a blessed week!


When Our Plans Don't Go as Planned:
(Used by permission.  Taken from https://www.dayspring.com/)

Sermon:  Romans 8:28
(Turn in at 15:25 for the music beforehand and then the sermon)

Extra Song: Thy Will Be Done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKTN4u2AGhU

 "God sometimes takes us into troubled waters, not to drown us but to cleanse us"  (Toby Mac #speaklife)
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."  Isaiah 43:2


No comments:

Post a Comment