Thursday, January 7, 2021

Devot. A Chance to "Restart"

Hi Folks,
I hope you had a very blessed Christmas and New Year!!  I am excited about the devots. below and the ones I have for next week, Lord willing. 

I was thinking last night of the verse in Lamentations that says, "It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." (Lam. 3:22-23)

In spite of our faults, failings, and how we hurt the Lord's heart each day through our sin- knowingly and unknowingly- He extends His mercy towards us because He has a great compassion for sinful man. His mercies are new at the start of each day, and because of that, His faithfulness to us is immense. 

"At its core, mercy is forgiveness. The Bible speaks of God's love for sinners – that is, for all of us. But the Bible also relates mercy to other qualities beyond love and forgiveness." (https://theconversation.com/what-is-the-true-meaning-of-mercy-72461#:~:text=At%20its%20core%2C%20mercy%20is,qualities%20beyond%20love%20and%20forgiveness.)

This mercy, forgiveness is not just new each day, but I feel that God gives us a chance to "restart", "refresh" at the turn of the calendar each year. 

I was thinking last week before and after New Years that I do not want to stay spiritually stagnant this year. I want to grow-spiritually and in character. I want to make a difference for the Kingdom of God and in the lives of others. I prayed last week and asked the Lord to clear my heart and life of the things, mindsets, attitudes, habits, that weigh me down and keep me apart from Him and replace that junk with good things. I want a chance to 'restart' and grow from here on out. 

2 Peter 3:18 says, " But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. "

Will you join me in the journey as well? God has big plans for you this year, He wants to make you useful for His purposes, find joy and blessings in the journey as well if you will but seek Him. 

The devots. below and next week are a great way to get started. I will also include some sermon links in the weeks to come that are simple, practical and would be another excellent way to learn, "How do I restart in 2021 and make the most of this year in every area of my life-for my good and God's glory"?

I pray that the devots. below are a huge blessing to your weekend and the Lord uses the one (s) you pick to teach you of His ways. 

"Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear (greatly reverence) thy name." (Psalm 86:11)


(Devots. used by permission. Taken from https://www.dayspring.com/)

Receiving What God Has for You in the New Year:

https://www.dayspring.com/articles/receiving-what-god-has-for-you-in-2017?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NEBNANN20201227ReceivingWhatGodHasForYouInTheNewYearArticles&utm_term=DaySpring%20Newsletter%20%2B%20Daily%20Devotion%20List


Sometimes You Just Need to Start Over:
https://www.dayspring.com/articles/sometimes-you-just-need-to-start-over?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NEBNANN20201227ReceivingWhatGodHasForYouInTheNewYearArticles&utm_term=DaySpring%20Newsletter%20%2B%20Daily%20Devotion%20List


Focusing Your Thoughts on Truth: (One way to make the most of this year is digging into God's Word and finding out what He says about you, your life, and the plans He has for you.)
https://www.dayspring.com/articles/focusing-your-thoughts-on-truth?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=NEBNANN20201227ReceivingWhatGodHasForYouInTheNewYearArticles&utm_term=DaySpring%20Newsletter%20%2B%20Daily%20Devotion%20List



~~ "Faith tells me no matter what lies ahead of me, God is already there." ~ ~ (Toby Mac #speaklife)

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment