Thursday, October 22, 2020

Devotional: Hope

 Hi Folks,

I hope you have had a great week so far!! Our topic for today is "hope."  The definition of 'hope' is not, "Well, I HOPE this will happen, but I don't know," but instead, as a noun it means "the grounds for believing something good will happen," "a feeling of trust."  (https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/hope)

Jeremiah 17:7 states, "Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is."

Lamentations 3:24 says, "“The Lord is my portion,” (i.e, "He's everything I need!") says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!”

Psalm 119:114 ,"You (God)are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word."

Romans 5:5, "Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

Romans 15:13, "Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope (abound means 'be full of hope') by the power of the Holy Spirit. "

Romans 15:4, "For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the [a]patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope."

God wishes us to trust and have hope in Him, His Word because He/His word can be trusted!  
I pray that the devotionals below bring you HOPE from God's Word and He reminds you through them, that He is right beside you this weekend.  Lord bless you and yours!

(Devotionals used by permission.  Taken from https://www.dayspring.com)
Surrounded:

Finding Hope Through Prayer: 

Where Does Your Hope Come From:

When the Death of a Dream Brings Hope:


No comments:

Post a Comment