Thursday, October 22, 2020

Devot: Security in Christ

 HI Folks,

I hope you are having a good week!  I didn't know what devotional topic to use this week, but a conversation I had with my mom brought an idea to my mind: Our Security in Christ (God can be trusted).  

If you have trusted Jesus as your Lord and Savior, as your only way of getting to Heaven, so matter what the world is dealing with, you are safe in Christ.  

In John 10:27-30, Jesus compared those who had trusted Him to sheep needing a shepherd.   Sheep cannot find a watering hole,  grass or stay protected from predators without the shepherd's help. 
 
"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.  My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.  I and my Father are one (this short verse is proof that Jesus and God are One-Jesus said so Himself!)."

We cannot make it to Heaven on our own merits, we cannot live without the breath God chooses to give us each day, we cannot even find our way through life (His will for our life like I mentioned last week), without His guiding hand.   
But with Him as our Saviour, we are eternally safe in His hands-forever. 

I pray the devots. below are a timely reminder that if you have trusted Jesus as your Savior/Way to Heaven, you are safe, even in the midst of this pandemic.   
The devots. below are some really great ones, so pick the one that perks your interest title wise, or take the next week and read one every few days, they aren't long and detailed, but practical and encouraging. 

Lastly, I am including a sermon link that I would very highly encourage you (even beg you) to listen to, even in 5 or 10 minute clips.  It was encouraging, very hopeful in tone, but also had some lighthearted moments along the way.  The topic was our security in Christ,  and that we will make it through this tough time.  It also explains also how Jesus forgave our sins when we trusted Him, how He views us when we sin now and the magnitude of what happened when He died for us. If you have recently trusted Jesus as your Savior this would perfect to listen to!!!!!  It was powerful to listen to and encouraged my heart, so please take a listen. 

Have a blessed rest of your weekend! 

Move your cursor to the 30 minute mark and you will get right to the sermon

First 3 devots. used by permission.   Taken from https://www.intouch.org)

God Will Never Forsake You:

Faithful Father (God Can Be Trusted):

How God Works:

Your Lantern and Compass: (A devotional that encouraged my heart this week!)
(Used by permission.   Taken from https://www.dayspring.com/daily-devotion/)

No comments:

Post a Comment