Saturday, May 25, 2019

Devot. Preparing Your Heart for Resurrection Week

Hi Folks,  

Happy Resurrection Week!  

I pray that you are having a blessed week and your heart is being prepared for Good Friday and Resurrection Sunday.  I always say though that even when Resurrection Sunday ends, the Reason behind it (Jesus) can live in the hearts of those who have personally trusted Him throughout the year 

Below are two devots. for you:  One I used last year, but I thought it was really good and wanted to include again.  The 2nd one is a new one that I have not shared before.    

 I have also included 2 Resurrection songs that  will be a nice accompaniment to the devots.
 
I pray that the Lord uses these devots. and the music to prepare your heart for this very sacred week.  Consider going to a Good Friday service, a Passion Play 
(a dramatization of the death and resurrection of Christ) this week.   

I know that for myself, going to a Good Friday service is what helps to prepare my heart and de-clutter my head in preparation for Resurrection Sunday.      (Many Bible and Baptist churches will do both of these events.  If you can't make it to one, or a church in your area is not hosting a Passion Play, I found that this church will live stream their play called The Living Cross. 
Folks from all over come to see it:  https://livestream.com/opendoorchurchlive/Services
 
As I child, my parents would also take me to a Passion Play as a way or reminding us as a family, and teaching me, the reason behind Easter.    Folks, telling the kids about the true meaning of Easter is what will give them a solid foundation to their life.   Our children, grandchildren etc...need  to know  that Jesus  died and came back from the dead just for them and if they were the only person on earth, He would have still come and died for their sins because He loves them so immensely. 
 
I pray that you will remember how awesome, miraculous and powerful Christ's death and resurrection is!  1 Corinthians 5:14 clearly states, "And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty. "   The hinge point of the Christian faith is Christ's resurrection, as it proved that Jesus was God and that His death was more than 
sufficient to pay for our way to Heaven.    May we never forget that.   

Have a blessed Resurrection Week!
 
Devot. 1:  Remembering Holy Week

 
Devot. 2: Love Supreme: https://www.intouch.org/read/magazine/the-pulpit/love-supreme  (Used by permission.   Taken from https://www.intouch.org/read/magazine)

Song: The Power of the Cross: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BAPvqeFnjE

No comments:

Post a Comment