Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Devot. Today is Your Best Day!

HI Folks,
 
I hope you have had a great start to your week!
We are starting a new series for today-"Today is Your Best Day!"
You know how couples will use "Best Day Ever" on chalkboards in wedding photos shots?
This series gives Biblical reasons why every day can be the best day ever in spite of what we may be going through.
 
Psalm 118:24 says, " This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."
This verse does not state "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it-because all is going well, my family is healthy, I have a good paying job."     
 
The verse talks about today being a day which God has created, we will rejoice in it, period.   Now within context, there are reasons why this is a good day (God has heard the cry of one who has called out to Him, salvation has been given, a prophecy about Jesus will come to pass-verses 21 and 22), but you don't read that's a good day because nothing is wrong.
 
I know that it can be tough to be cheerful and rejoice when a day or life isn't going well.   I think of Pastor Andrew Brunson who has been in a Turkish prison for almost 2 years .  The https://aclj.org/ has a quote from him saying, " "I desperately miss my wife and children. Yet, I believe this to be true, it is an honor to suffer for Jesus Christ, as many have before me. My deepest thanks to all those around the world who are standing with and praying for me."  (Taken from https://aclj.org/persecuted-church/after-third-day-of-trial-american-pastor-andrew-brunson-remanded-back-to-prison---more-delays)
 
I'm sure Pastor Brunson was thinking of 1 Peter 3:14,17 when he said that.   "But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing."   
 
I pray that this series is a boost and will help you consciously think through why that day is a good day (esp. during the times when it's a struggle).  
 
I think I have given you the hymn "Count Your Many Blessings."   It's says that when you count your many blessings, you will be surprised to see what the Lord has done.   My mom always says that if we purposely look to see God at work in our day, we will see His hand at work in our life and day (see His blessings).
 
 I have an update on Pastor Andrew below, if you have not seen recent articles in the main news stream: https://aclj.org/persecuted-church/american-pastor-andrew-brunson-to-leave-turkish-prison-and-allowed-to-return-to-his-home-in-turkey
 
I also have an update on another Iranian pastor you may remember from 6 years ago who was imprisoned and released, Pastor Youcef.    He has been rearrested, imprisoned, and it's not good news in his case.  Please pray for him and his family,  sign and pass the petition along if you can.   https://aclj.org/persecuted-church/iran-sentences-pastor-youcef-to-12-years-in-horrific-prison-including-2-years-of-internal-exile-for-promoting-christianity-
 
Lord bless you and yours this week!  Devot. below.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment