Saturday, September 23, 2017

Devot. Deliverance from Fear

Hi Folks,

I hope you are having a good weekend.

Last week we paid tribute to 9/11-those who lost their lives on this tragic day and the brave families who remain.  

In the aftermath of 9/11, there was a lot of fear over the security of the US and the world in general.   The sense of fear, insecurity and uncertainty still remains in the wake of terror attacks, and with the current wave of storms that is hitting the islands and the US.  What is going on?  I'm not sure, but like I stated  last week, I truly believe that God is trying to get our attention and help others see their personal need of Jesus before it is too late. 
 
But even in the midst of uncertainty, fear is not of God.   For those who have specifically trusted Jesus as their way to get to Heaven, we have Someone walking beside and we need
not fear because God is with us.   
 
In 1 John 4:16 it states that God is love and then in verse 18 we read, "There is no fear in love (God's love); but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment.
He that feareth is not made perfect (complete) in love." 
 
 2 Timothy 1:7 states,"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind."
 
Jesus said in John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
 
For those who have not trusted Jesus as their only way to get to Heaven, there will be fear and uncertainty because they are not aware that there is HOPE in the Living God.

Maybe this describes where you are at personally:   You don't have the Hope of spending an eternity in Heaven because you are unsure of how to get There.   Here is a link from the blog that I would encourage you to read: http://thejourneyheavenward.blogspot.com/p/are-you-100-sure.html
It will share with you from God's Word, the Bible how you can be 100% of Heaven by accepting Jesus as your Only Way to get to Heaven.    I would urge you to read this and receive Jesus while you still have the time, as we never know what another day may bring.
 
I was challenged by my assistant pastor during last Sunday morning's sermon to spread hope and not keep Jesus to myself.     I would encourage you to do the same.   You can pass on the hope found in Jesus through this blog and through the tab above.   I pray you would spread it onto someone else this weekend!
 
Below is a devotional that I pray will encourage and comfort your heart.  Lord bless you and yours!
 
Devot. below used by permission.   Taken from http://www.icr.org/
 


Click here to see the web version of this Days of Praise
 
 September 11, 2017
Deliverance from Fear
“I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.” (Psalm 34:4)
 
There are many things in such a world as ours that can bring fear into human hearts—fear of want, fear of war, fear of rejection, fear of the dark, and a multitude of others. Some fears are rational, some are foolish, but all are very serious to those who experience them.
 
The good news of the gospel, however, can set us free from every fear. Remember that fear entered the world when sin entered the world. “I was afraid,” Adam explained when God found him hiding in the garden after eating the forbidden fruit (Genesis 3:10). The second reference to fear in the Bible, on the other hand, was when “the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward” (Genesis 15:1). The Lord protects us and provides for us; we have His Word and need “fear no evil” (Psalm 23:4).
 
At least 19 times in the New Testament we hear the words “fear not” or “be not afraid” on the lips of Christ. Whenever phobias beset us or fears discourage us, deliverance is ours when we seek the Lord. Then “we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me” (Hebrews 13:6). Even if we must sometimes “suffer for righteousness’ sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled” (1 Peter 3:14).
 
Perhaps the greatest fear of all is the fear of death, but the Lord delivers us even from this fear, for He has conquered death. In His glorified body, He has said, “Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death” (Revelation 1:17-18). HMM
 

 
Institute for Creation Research - 1806 Royal Lane, Dallas TX 75229

No comments:

Post a Comment