Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Devot. Good Affliction

Hi Folks,
 
I hope you have had a good weekend!
 
For our devot. for today we are going to look at how our trials can  be turned into something good.
You may say "How could trials, troubles, pain or afflictions be GOOD?! 
 
Romans 8:28 states, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
 
Let me start by saying that the trial or pain we are experiencing is not good,  but this verse says "we know (i.e know through Scripture and also seeing God at work in our lives) that all things (not 'some things') work together for good to them that love God
(this is a specific people group)."
 
I have found in my personal life that when I have handed God the pain I'm in, the bitterness, anger or fear  I have, the lack of trust/faith in Him and asked Him to make something beautiful out of bad situation-one that  I didn't get myself in because of my own foolishness or lack of judgment -but it landed on my doorstep -(i.e it crossed God's desk in Heaven and He signed His signature to it saying that this trail could come into my life for a purpose, example is Job) He has brought something beautiful of it.   Maybe not right away, but down the road I've seen beauty.  
 
Maybe its in valuable lessons I've learned; passages of Scripture that have jumped off the page at me and become very dear in my life; I've met and been able to minister to people I would not have otherwise run into and have been able to share how they could 100% be sure of Heaven through the circumstances that caused us to meet.    Those are situations of beauty.
 
James 1:2-4 states, "My brethren, (brothers and sisters in Christ) count it all joy when ye fall into divers (different) temptations(trials); Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect (spiritually mature)and entire, wanting nothing."
Out of different spiritual trials can come an abundance of spiritual growth and valuable lessons, if we allow "patience (to) have her perfect work."
 
 I'm going to touch more on this Friday and next week.   I pray that the devot. below would give you something to think about encourage you, as we learn from this topic together.
 
Lord bless and keep you and yours this week!
 
Devot. http://www.icr.org/article/19638  (Used by permission.   Taken from http://www.icr.org/)
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment