Thursday, October 27, 2016

Devot. The Cost of Uncontrolled Anger (or any other emotion)

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good week!
 
The devot. today is on anger, but could be applied to our emotions in general.
You may not be the type of person to get angered easily or it could be hard to control your feelings.  Either way, we all have emotions and feelings-some are good and some are not so good.

Emotions are given to us by God, but if we let them get out control they can start to control us. Proverbs 25:28 states, "He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls."

I was reminded in my church's youth group last week (I'm one of the mentors for the girls), that feelings are feelings, they change from day to day and are not stable enough to 'hang your hat on.'  Scriptures says that "A double minded man is unstable in all his ways" (James 1:8).

I needed a reminder this of how my feelings and emotions can control and rule my heart and life if I'm not bringing a situation before the Lord in prayer, handing it over to Him and asking Him to help me be Christlike.  
 
I hope you learn a valuable lesson  either for yourself or that you can store up to encourage someone else later.

Pray this blesses and helps you this weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment