Monday, July 4, 2016

Devot. Ceremony Becoming the Occassion

Dear Friends,
Happy 4th of July to those of you in the US!!  I hope you have had a good day with your families.
 
This week's devot. is paying tribute to the 4th.  The devot below briefly explores how 4th of July used to be celebrated, once upon a time.  
I found it intriguing!   It also shows how far our country has come since our nation first began to celebrate the 4th.  If only we could rekindle even a fraction of how patriotic days used to be celebrated.....
In addition to the devot. I have included a very touching prayer for our military families that I received from  http://www.dayspring.com/.
I firmly believe with all my heart that if it wasn't for God's grace and the courage, bravely and sense of duty from our men in women in uniform (military and law enforcement) we would not be the nation we are, enjoy the freedom we have thus far and have victory over our enemies.   If you or a loved one have or are serving, THANK YOU!
Lastly, I have included a song that always brings tears of gratefulness to my eyes.   It is very powerful!!
 
I hope this week's devot. and additions are a blessing to your week and well up within you a sense a patriotism and thankfulness to be free, regardless of the country you live in!
 
Lord bless and keep you and yours this week.
Prayer:  I don't know that I can include dayspring's prayer for military families w/o their permission.  Therefore I will briefly tell you how to find it.   It's worth it, so please look it up.
Go to http://www.dayspring.com/, scroll all the way to the bottom and under "More" click on "Stories".   "A Prayer for Military Families" should be the first article to pop up (written 6/29/16 ).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment