Monday, November 17, 2014

Devot. Thanksgiving


Dear Friends,
I hope you had a super weekend!
The devot. for today shows that there are 2 ways to give thanks-thanksgiving and praise-giving and the devot. explains the difference between the two.
 
Scripture says that "in every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." (1 Thessalonians 5:18).
I know that it isn't always easy to thank God for problems in life, situations that come up.  It's easier to complain than to have a grateful heart and character to say 'thank you.'  But Scripture says we are supposed to AND it is God's will that we do too:)
I was saying yesterday to our church that in spite of what we don't have or want and don't have, we have more than most. 
Think of our brothers and sisters in Christ in Iraq who have lost homes, towns and children because of the  evil that is terrorizing them right now!  I know none of us are going through that at this time, thank the Lord.
When I start complaining about something, my mom lovingly reminds me that I can see, walk, talk, hear, breathe on my own and have a roof over me, food on the table. 
More than most....
 
In regards to our suffering brothers and sisters in Iraq, they are in need of clean water and warm blankets as they don't have access to drinkable water and the temps in Iraq are below bitter right now.    If you, your church, work group, Sunday School, children's youth group/sports team could help, RUN Ministries is asking for any amount of help and it is tax deductible.  http://runministries.org/
 
It saddens me when I think that folks have been driven out of their homes, lost children due to ISIS and it spurs me to help through my daily prayers and any other way.
Please pray about it how groups you may know could help and certainly be praying for RUN that the Lord would abundantly meet those needs.
 
Below are two reminders (devot. and song link) of all we have to be grateful for.  
 
Lord bless your week with His peace and protection!
Devot. http://www.icr.org/article/1245  (Used by permission.  Taken from http://www.icr.org/)
 
Song Link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0svXA-oRTk  (FYI The pianist in this video is blind.)

No comments:

Post a Comment