Saturday, June 8, 2019

Devot. Memorial Day

Hi Folks,
I hope you had a good week and good day celebrating Memorial Day with family and friends a few weeks back!

In thinking about Memorial Day, I remember watching a video/news clip a few years ago.
A group of military moms met together to share their stories with each other and the nation.
One of the moms spoke and said that for most American families Memorial Day is a day 
to have picnics, spend time with family and friends and having fun, military families have a different perspective.   
It is a day for them to grieve, to remember their loved ones who are no longer with them and who will never return home.  

Hearing this military mom speak gave me a wholesome, new, reflective, perspective that I am so grateful for. It reminds me to pray for our military families on this day, to be sensitive to those who have lost, to be tactful, yet sincerely grateful as I thank ones who has served, as well as enjoy the time I have with my family.

I found the below quote in a newspaper article on https://www.msn.com.  George H. W. Bush said "Each of the patriots whom we remember on this day was first a beloved son or daughter, a brother or sister, or a spouse, friend, and neighbor."  

I pray that the links below are a blessing to your weekend!  Lord bless you and yours.

Short Video on the History of Memorial Day (I found this very heartfelt!, brought tears to my eyes.) : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw1LjaFy9Mo

Memorial Day Scriptures: 

Prayer for our Military Families: 

(Read and Share articles.  Taken from http://dayspring.com/articles/)

No comments:

Post a Comment