Saturday, June 8, 2019

Devot. Infusing Faith in a Busy Life

Hi Folks,

I hope you had a good week!
The devot. to for this week is how to Infuse Faith in Christ into your busy week, not just save it for Sundays, or "religious" holidays, but how to make your relationship in Christ personal to your everyday life and make time for it.

I can personally relate by saying that most mornings I hit the ground running and realize after the fact that  I didn't read even a small passage of Scripture to get my morning going.   On the flip side, I realize that when  I don't, my days don't usually go well.  I'm not patient as I should be, "others" focusing as I should be, I'm not thinking as Jesus would have me to think at all.   My day is "off."   

When I take the time to spend even just 20 minutes in the morning reading a few verses of Scripture and asking for the Lord to help me reflect Him through my day, have patience and His wisdom as I make decisions, I find that I can see Him actively helping me through every moment, esp. the times when I need Him the most.

Now I've had folks say to me, "I don't have time to read my Bible, I'm too busy."  
I understand completely.   However, I remember a former pastor of mine saying that I wasn't "Quantity", but the "Quality" of what you read that makes the difference.   He would suggest picking a book of the Bible to read, reading just a few verses and then pondering them through the day.   There are other suggestions I could make, but I will save some useful suggestions for later:)

What I will close with is that the Lord Jesus wishes to be apart of each of our days, and not just the hard ones.

We will discuss this more later.  Pray the devotional below is a refreshing, spiritual boost to your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment