Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Devot. The Value of Unborn Life: Abortion Survivors

Hi Folks,
I hope you had a good start to your week! 
 
I am starting to wrap up our series on the value of Unborn Life.
 
I hope that you have had time to ponder, think of where you stand on this issue. 
I hope you have asked yourself, "Do I value life as God and His Word does, and if not, what must I do to transform my mindset to think as God thinks?"

As I said last week, Philippians 2:5 and 1 Corinthians 2:16 says that Believers in Jesus are to have the "mind of Christ."
We are to have a spiritual, Biblical outlook on all areas of life as we follow Jesus. 
How do we do that?? By reading the Bible, God's love letter to those who have personally trusted Jesus for salvation.
You will find as you read His Word, the Lord will start to readjust your heart and mind, in a good way, to have how He thinks.

I have a couple things for you today.  First of all, today's devot. is on "abortion survivors."  In the youtube videos I have watched, many folks have said that this term is commonly associated with those who have had an abortion. Not so. The term is actually a reference to a person who was intended to be aborted, the abortion failed and they lived. 

According to one youtube video I watched (which I will cite below), "based on failed abortion rates through the CDC, it's estimated that minimally there could be 44,000 late term abortion survivors in the US alone."   (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eASVT4iB56M and https://theabortionsurvivors.com/get-informed/)
 
The lady who gave this quote is Melissa Oden, a abortion survivor who founded https://theabortionsurvivors.com/ to reach out to others whose lives were meant to be terminated to help them heal and have hope and to educate folks on this growing community of survivors and abortion in general.

Imagine: God intended this little person to live, He had a good plan and purpose all along for them (Jeremiah 29:13)and has given then a platform to speak on the behalf of unborn babies from "one who knows."

I have included a clip at the bottom of a lovely, vibrant young lady named, Gianna Jessen, who is an "Abortion Survivor" and a Christian.
She tells her miraculous story with a cheerful and update attitude.  She is an amazing, beautiful person who speaks powerfully from her heart in a way that will bring tears to your eyes or give your own heart courage to stand for life.
I especially love the last statement she makes right before the clip ends.
Please watch it.  Oh the plans God had already made for this young lady when the abortion did not succeed, praise God for it! 
Lastly, in light of this topic, I'm sure we have all heard of the Born-Alive Abortion Survivor bill that was rejected by the US Senate a few weeks ago. I'm sure most of us probably haven't take the time to dive in to see what such a crucial bill is about.  
 
I found a link to the bill and looked though it (included below).  Basically the bill states that if a baby was born alive after an abortion or attempted abortion, that little one is to be considered a legal person under the law and entitled to the same rights/medical care as any child that was born.  Penalties would dealt out if any doctor would kill the child after it was born or deny that baby medical care and instead willfully let it die.   https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/senate-bill/130/text

You know, in all of the "abortion survivor" stories I have recently listened to, I have heard each person say that they are glad that they survived.  They are happy to be alive and that someone, like a nurse, intervened and gave them the medical care that they needed so that they could be alive today.   Wouldn't each of us be glad to be alive as well if our circumstances had been the same?

You know, this reminds me of a Bible study in the first chapter of Exodus.  I won't get into right now, but will save the story for next week, which will tie into our last "The Value of Unborn Life" devot.

Pray you would have a blessed week and explore the links I have included below as your convenience.  I think you will find the links on abortion survivors very educational, informative considering the times we are living in. It's a good time to educate ourselves on what is really going on...  Blessings!  

Devot. https://www.icr.org/article/working-no-ill-preborn  (Used by permission.  Taken from https://www.icr.org)
 
Gianna Jessen Survivor Story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0Wwgh7kdKM
 
Survivor Stories (scroll all the way to the bottom of this page to read some miraculous stories): https://theabortionsurvivors.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment