Thursday, May 10, 2018

Devot. The Strength of the Lord

Hi Folks,
 
I hope you had a good week!
 
I have two devots. for you today.   The one below is one I felt the Lord wanted me to send you.
It is a reminder of where our strength comes from when life is tough and troubles abound.  
 
The other devot. (the link) is a Mother's Day devot.   I know that this day isn't always the easiest of holidays.
Some folks have lost their moms, or maybe are not close to them.   I pray that this devot. will comfort your heart if you fall into this category.
 
Psalm 56:8 states, "Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book?"
 
David is crying out to the Lord is the previous verses.  He is saying in this verse that God knows our footsteps, where we travel through life.  He even puts our tears into a bottle and even writes them in a book.
 
Isaiah 53:3 says of Jesus, "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief:" (He knew what grief and pain felt like!)
 
Hebrews 4:13 echoes this sentiment and applies it to us, "For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities;"
(We have a Saviour, a go-between us and God who can understand how we feel).
 
I pray that the devots. below are a big boost of encouragement to your week and the Lord uses it in your life.  Feel free to pass on.   Lord bless you and yours this weekend!
 
 
Other devot. below.






Share with a friend

Click here to see the web version of this Days of Praise
+
 May 4, 2018
The Strength of the Lord
“I will go in the strength of the LORD: I will make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.” (Psalm 71:16)

Since God the Creator is omnipotent, if we can go in His strength, there would seem to be no limit to what could be accomplished. The book of Psalms, in particular, over and over again testifies that God indeed is our strength. For example: “I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower” (Psalm 18:1-2).

But how do we appropriate God’s strength, and how is it manifested in our own lives? The answer is not what most would expect. “He delighteth not in the strength of the horse: he taketh not pleasure in the legs of a man. The LORD taketh pleasure in them that fear him, in those that hope in his mercy” (Psalm 147:10-11). “Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit, saith the LORD of hosts” (Zechariah 4:6).

Our text itself indicates that going in the strength of the Lord is essentially to “make mention of thy righteousness, even of thine only.” Speaking of God’s righteousness (not ours) in the fear of the Lord and the leading of the Spirit, hoping only in His mercy, manifests the strength of the Lord.

Furthermore, “the joy of the LORD is your strength” (Nehemiah 8:10). And, finally, the apostle Paul, who surely exhibited the strength of God in his life as much as anyone ever did, testified that “he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me” (2 Corinthians 12:9). His grace and His joy, shining through our own weakness, enable the man “whose strength is in thee” to “go from strength to strength” (Psalm 84:5, 7) in His service. HMM
 
 
Institute for Creation Research - 1806 Royal Lane, Dallas TX 75229
This email was sent to  | Print this article

No comments:

Post a Comment