Thursday, May 10, 2018

Devot. The Spiritual Fruit of Patience

Hi Folks,
 
I hope you had a super week!
The devot. for today is on learning to be patience, another valuable lesson in our spiritual education.
 
Have you ever had someone tell you, "Don't pray for patience!"   I've been told that before and then
reminded that when you do pray for patience, you usually get everything thrown at you that will try
your patience!
I have actually found the exact opposite to be true.   When I have cried out for patience at the times
when I need it the most, I have felt the Lord bring that to my heart and spirit.   I've been able to
go through the task at hand  it with a calmness I didn't have before I asked.
 
2 Peter 1:3-8 states, "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:  Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, (we have been given the ability to live a Christ like lie with His help!) having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.  And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;  And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience;
and to patience godliness;  And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.  For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ."
 
We are admonished above to add to our store of spiritual character-patience.   In thinking about my own self I will have to admit at he Lord can definitely be better seen in me and represented when  I ask for His help in displaying patience:)
 
I pray the devot. below is an encouragement to your weekend.   Lord bless you and yours!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment