Friday, August 21, 2015

Devot. A Voice in the Crowd

Dear Friends,
I hope you have had a blessed week!
The deot. for today is not allowing the world, ourselves, anything around us to drown out the voice of God which speaks to our hearts and mind through His Word, but also in a still small voice.
 Have you ever had moments where you keep thinking someone so much you wonder if anything is wrong? 
My mom has always told me that that is God impressing on/speaking to my heart to pray for that person.  That impression has been given to others in the past regarding times that my family truly needed prayer and I was asking God to bring us to the minds and hearts of specific  folks to pray for us at that time.
Or have you ever had those times of "I should" or "I shouldn't' be doing this"  That is also God speaking, quietly, yet so strongly.  Or maybe you have read a passage of Scripture and it has 'jumped off' the page at you and was what you needed to read at that time. That was also God speaking.
Isaiah 30:21 is a favorite verse of mine, "And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left."   This is my reminder that God will speak to my heart and mind through HIs Word, godly counsel, or that still small voice when I need direction in my life.   The thing we have to do though is have open ears and hearts to what is being said.
Pray this devot. is a blessing to your weekend and that you learn something new.  Lord bless and keep you and yours this weekend!
Devot. http://intouch.org/read/blog/a-voice-in-the-crowd  (Used by permission.  Taken from http://intouch.org/)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment