Monday, February 9, 2015

Devot. The Hike of Your Life

Dear Friends,
 
 
I hope you have had a safe weekend and are staying well.   I know this week is Valentine's Day, but I felt the Lord wanted me to stay on the trail we have been traveling on topic wise. 
 
 
The devot. for today is a continuation on the topic of one of the goals in life-being in the will of the Lord by walking in step with Him.
 
 
I added some personal thoughts that came to mind as I was thinking on this topic. In order to walk in step with the Lord we must first be willing to seek out His will for our lives.  
 
We have been talking about goals and resolutions this month.  This devot. gives another goal.  In order to make sure we are 'in step' with God,  right where He wants  us to be in life and doing what He wants us to do, we must know His will-His plans and goals for your life.  Jeremiah 29:11 gives one indication of God's will for our life. "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."
 
 
Finding God's will comes from much prayer (shows our dependence on God since we are not all knowing), fasting (shows we are serious about finding His will), asking God to search our hearts and minds, give us His wisdom (Prov. 3:5-6), open and close the doors He does or does not want us to walk though (Revelation 3:8-i.e. a job, relationship, buying a new house, car anything in life that is a change.) God is into every detail of our life, as He is a detailed God.  Look at creation and the human body as examples!
 
 
I will tell you personally that one indication of knowing what God does/does not want you to do in your life is when doors, opportunities open or close.  Yes God gives us freewill in our lives, He is a gentleman and will not have us be robots, but when I am asking Him, "I don't know what to do, please show me clearly" a opportunity will either open up, or close for me. Anther thing is that I will compare what I am looking at against the Bible.  Does this line up with what the Bible says?  For instance Scripture tells Believers not to marry someone who is not a Christian and has not placed their trust in Jesus alone for salvation(2 Corinthians 6:14, Amos 3:3).  So that eliminates who I would consider dating. 
 
 
 I have also personally found that when I am walking in step with God and doing what I felt in my heart He wanted me to do, I felt spiritually protected and anything that was maybe not perfect I felt He gave me His grace to handle.  The times I have been doing my own thing I felt a very big lack of peace in my life, things went really wrong, and I didn't feel nearly as protected as when I had been following God.  So God's will in out lives is a big thing!
 
 
Dear Friends, this is the first step to walking with God.  At least it has been in my life.  As the writer of the devot. says, walking with God is an adventure.  Sometimes you go over rocky trails and other times the pathways are smooth and even.  I was saying the other night to my mom that since I have been walking with the Lord, life has never been dull!
I also stated that you can either let experiences in life make you a stronger Christian, you can learn and spiritually grow and draw closer to God, or you can let it break you.
 
 
 I pray that the devot. below will help you to have a goal of pushing ahead even if the road gets tough.  Remember Heaven is our goal!  Lord bless and keep you and yours this week! Devot. below!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment