Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Devot. Fight the Darkness With the Light of God's Word

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a blessed weekend and are staying healthy and warm!
Spring is just around the corner:)
The devot. for today and a link I have provided are a  big burden on my heart. 
If you watch the news or see news articles online I'm sure you will agree that our world is in a mess. It seems hopeless if you think of it too long.  But in the midst of chaos turmoil,
terror I try to pray, "Dear Lord, how can I make a difference and be useful in shedding Your light?" 
 
I have thrown out ideas before of how to make a dent in our world, hand someone a Gospel tract, tell someone you are praying for them, sign a petition that will bring about a moral change, however tiny, in our world.
My mom always reminds me that it is better to light one candle then to curse the darkness.
 
I pray the devot. below is a comfort, blessing and the Lord gives you ideas of how to shed light in your own way.
I have also included an important petition link below that can help you make a difference this week.
The first one is very burdensome to me.  I'm sure that the tv show that is mentioned in the link is familiar to you, but what our little people are being exposed to because of it is extremely troubling to me.  While this tv series may seem harmless, the rating is R, is extremely sexual in content and as Christians we are supposed to intentionally  pour into our minds content that is "pure, lovely, just" not "dirty and spiritually ugly."  Please sign the petition underneath the devot. if you agree that this content should not be aired in front of our children and they should be protected.
 May the Lord use you to make a difference this week!  
 
(P.S. Be a conscious citizen keep an eye out this week for any folks needing help with w/ shoveling or critters outside that shouldn't be or w/o proper shelter. You can anonymously call your local animal control, shelter if you see something concerning in this area.)
(Used by permission. Taken from http://www.intouch.org/)  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment