Monday, January 12, 2015

Devot. One More Minute

Dear Friends,
I pray you have had a good weekend and have stayed healthy and warm!
The devot for today is on evaluation at the beginning of this new year.
If you only had one more day to live, what would you do to make a difference
and impact for eternity?  I was thinking of that as I read this devot. this weekend
and for me personally, if I had one more day to live I would want to lead someone
to Jesus Christ, tell them how to go to Heaven according to God's Word. 
I would want to take someone to Heaven with me.
The author of this devot. does such a beautiful job of explain all that I have personally been thinking in the last week or two.  Most of what she asks are questions, but they are good and thought provoking and I pray you will do some thinking.
Matthew 6:37 and Luke 12:25 reminds us that we cannot add an inch to our height or another day to our life by worrying about it, but Matthew 5:14-16 encourages Believers to let their light shine for the Lord.
It can be as simple as handing someone a Gospel tract and saying, "Here's something for you to read."  It doesn't take much to do that, and God does the rest of the work.  It can be giving $5 towards The Gideon's International in someone honor or memory and then that Bible will be placed somewhere in the world where it can be read.
It can be as easy as telling someone you are praying for them and doing just that. There are many ways we can shine for the Lord in 2015 and I pray the Lord will lay ideas on your heart as you read this.
I pray you and our families have a blessed, safe and health week!  (Devot. below and also another important link)
Devot. http://www.icr.org/article/8500  (Used by permission.  Taken from http://www.icr.org/)   
 
Anther link:  I would appreciate it if you would share and FaceBook if you can.  I feel sorry for the critter and his owner-name may ring a bell to some of you folks if you ever watched Laramie or Wagon Train.  Thanks! http://thejourneyheavenward.blogspot.com/index.html)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment