Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Devot. Life Verse/Word for the Year

Hi Folks,
I hope you are having a good week! 
 
I have two devotionals below and they tie into each other.
 
Have you ever had a verse in Scripture speak to your heart, like you felt it was specially there for you at the time you needed it the most?  Maybe you heard a verse of Scripture and you through, "I love that!!! That is encouraging!"  Or "It speaks to where I am spiritually right now, or what I need to spiritually challenge me to grow closer to the Lord!"
This is what is called in the Christian circles, "A Life Verse", a verse that you pick that speaks to where you are spiritually at the time, 
a verse that gives you courage to live for the Lord, that describes your life or walk with the Lord.

Do you have one????  Mine is Ephesians 6:10, "Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might."
 
This verse has reminded me for years that I cannot live a godly, pure life for the Lord in my own strength, I will fall flat on my face if I try in my own strength, but Jesus has promised to give me His strength ("in the power of his might") to live for Him. 
 
The first devotional will give you a challenge to find a "Life Verse" to cling to or live by in 2020. 

The 2nd devot. is similar.   It challenges you using a quiz, to find one word from Scripture that again, you can live by and hang onto in the New Year that will remind you to have courage, be humble or whatever it is that the Lord knows you need this year.
 
I think both devots. are spiritually practical as well as very exciting as you make Scripture come alive in your life!
 
May you are blessed by both these devots.  Lord bless you and yours!

Devots. used by permission.  Taken from https://www.dayspring.com/articles)
 
How to Find Your Life Bible Verse:
Word for the Year

No comments:

Post a Comment