Monday, February 26, 2018

Devot. Faith Through Adversity

Hi Folks,
 
I hope you had a refreshing, blessed and Christ filled weekend!
 
Do you know the old expression, "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger?"
 
This has been my mindset and perspective for years.   
 
 I've realized in the last 8 years or so that God brings difficult times into my life for various reasons.  
 Many times He has used trials to spiritually "clean me" from the inside out if  I was harboring bitterness, pain,  a bad attitude, or a realization that I had allowed everything but God to fill my life.    Every time I have gone through something,  I have tried to think, "This can either kill me or make me spiritually stronger with the Lord's help, and the first option is definitely not on the table."
 
James 1:2-4 says, "My brethren (speaking to those how have trusted Jesus as their Savior, 'brothers and sisters in Christ') count it all joy when ye fall into divers (different)  temptations; (trials) Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.   But let patience have her perfect work, (let the trial produce patience and let patience do what is needed in your life) that ye may be perfect (means spiritually mature) and entire, wanting nothing."
 
Romans 8:28 (my mom's favorite verse) states, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."
 
What are you, someone you know or love going through today?   Can you lift this trial to the Lord and ask that He work in your/or your loved ones/friend's heart to give the burden over to the Lord, do a spiritual housecleaning on the inside/outside of you/them and He sees is needed, that you/them are willing to turn whatever is needed into the Lord's hands, and ask Him to use this for HIS glory in your/their life?   From personal experience, beautiful things can come out of crying out to the Lord and handing over whatever you are going through such as feeling free on the inside, feeling closer to the Lord and anxiously awaiting  to see what God is going to do.
 
I pray the devot. below is a big blessing to your week and that the Lord would uplift you through it.
 
Jeremiah 33:3, "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment