Thursday, November 17, 2016

Devot. In What Ways Has God Blessed America?

Hi Folks,
Well, it's been quite a week, hasn't it?  Today and in the weeks to come I'm going to frequently remind you that God is in control, He knows that He is doing,  He knew this was coming and He set this in motion Himself-for HIS own specific purpose and plan at this time in history.
 
Isaiah 55:8-9 says, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
My pastor preached a sermon Sunday with the title, "GOD Trumps All!"  My pastor has a tendency to use catchy titles, alliteration to help the congregation keep important  points in mind:_) 
 He gave the following as His opening statement, "God's __________ Trumps All" and then asked the congregation to call out words that could fit:  God's Mercy (Grace, Power, Love, Authority, Son), Trumps All."    Pastor reminded us though his points of how many areas God controls - Human Government, Creation, the hearts of mankind...
 
It was amazing, comforting and encouraging to see that God sees and knows all!  Nothing escapes His eyes. (1 Pet. 3:12 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+pet.+3%3A12&version=KJV)
He also gave Proverbs 16:33 as an interesting verse to show that God does ultimately chooses who is in authority:   "The lot is cast into the lap; but the whole disposing thereof is of the Lord."  
In Bible days, "the lot" was similar to casting a vote.     This verse is showing us again that that we cast forth our vote, but the whole outcome is up to the Lord.
For me, this is a comforting thought.   I may not know why my Heavenly Father does what He does, but I know He knows what He is doing:)
It is my heart's prayer that folks will turn toward having a personal relationship with the Lord Jesus, turn toward God and Godliness like we haven't seen since 9/11. 
 My pastor always says on 4th of July that we are declaring our INDEPENDENCE, but at the same time declaring our DEPENDANCE on GOD.  How we need that.....2 Chronicles 7:14 says that IF HIS PEPOPLE  (Those who have trusted Jesus as Saviour), will humble themselves, pray, seek his face, turn from their wicked ways,  He WILL forgive our sins, hear our prayers and heal our land.   It starts with us.....
I pray the devot. below is a comforting reminder that when we and our nation follow God in heart, mind and actions, God will bless our land!
 
May the Lord send you His peace and presence this weekend as only HE can (https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+14%3A27&version=KJV)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment