Monday, June 20, 2016

Devot. The Justice and Mercy of the Cross

Dear Friends,
I hope you had a good weekend!
The devot. for today shows how God's justice and mercy was revealed on the cross.  
 
Justice is "the process or result of using laws to fairly judge and punish crimes and criminals" (taken from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/justice).
 
Mercy is God withholding what we deserved. 
 
What we deserved was  to pay for our sins on a cross of our own!  But God chose to take our punishment  on Himself. 
 
I pray the devot. is a blessing to your week.  I've included a song link as well.   I've sung the song myself for church and it always reminds me of the sacrificial love of Christ.
 
Lord bless you and yours this week!  (Devot., song link below)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment